Wednesday, December 7, 2011

12-7-11....Rough Start

‎12-7-11......Heaven slept well last night but had a rough start this morning. She was having abdominal pains to the point that she just croushed down. She also had some dry heaves until some yellow fleem came up.....but once she got some Coca-Cola in her she was fine...
We think it may be where it is so dry in the rooms here, buthte Dr. isn't gonna write it off as that, so they are gonna keep a close eye on her since this has come up. Other than this she seems to be doing fine. Now I know that we need to stock the house with Caffeine Free Coca-Cola.
I do believe that through all this that God is still getting the glory that HE deserves.
Psalm 66: 10-12, 16-20.......
‎8- O bless our God, ye people, and make the voice of his praise to be heard:
9- Which holdeth our soul in life, and suffereth not our feet to be moved.
10- For thou, O God, has proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried.
11- Thou br...oughtest us in to the net: thou laidst affliction upon our loins.
12- Thou hast caused men to ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water: but thou broughtest us out in a wealthy place.

16- Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soul.
17- I cried unto him with my mouth, and he was extolled with my tongue.
18- If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:
19- But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer.
20- Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.

To God be ALL the glory!!!!

-----Heaven seems to be doing much better now than she was this morning, thank you Jesus. I know this is a tough road to walk down for anyone, especially a child....but I believe that her faith in Chirst and knowing she has herSaviour, her family and close friends as a support system, that is whats keepin gher mind focused ont he positive things. I know somme people see cancer of any type as a death sentence, I did, until I saw how far treatments have come. I thank God that there are people out  there that has a burden to try and find a cure.
It saddens my heart to think about all the ones that has passed before all of the advancements in medicine came along.
And the charities that do all they can to help.....One charity I read about touched me deeply...the Make-A-Wish Foundation...
In 1980, 7-year-old Chris Greicius was being treated for leukemia. Every day, he dreamed of becoming a police officer.
U.S. Customs Officer Tommy Austin had befriended Chris and his mother, Linda Bergendahl-Pauling. He also promised Chris a ride in a police helicopter. When Chris’ health worsened, Austin contacted Ron Cox, an Arizona Department of Public Safety officer, and planned a day that would lift Chris’ spirits.
On April 29, 1980, Austin and a caring group of DPS personnel started Chris’ day with a tour of the city in a department helicopter, which also flew him to headquarters. Three cruisers and a motorcycle officer greeted him before his meeting with the DPS command staff. There, Chris was sworn in as the first honorary DPS patrolman in state history.
But his experience didn’t stop there. Cox contacted John’s Uniforms, which agreed to make a custom-tailored DPS uniform for Chris. The store owner and two seamstresses worked through the night to finish it. The officers presented the official uniform to Chris on May 1 and arranged a motorcycle proficiency test so he could earn wings to pin on his uniform. Needless to say, Chris passed the test with flying colors on his battery-operated motorcycle.

On May 2, Chris was back in the hospital. He asked to arrange the room so he could always see his uniform, his motorcycle helmet and his “Smokey Bear”-style campaign hat. DPS motor officer Frank Shankwitz presented Chris with his motorcycle wings. He accepted them with a smile that lit up the room.

The following day, Chris passed away, but not before seeing his dream come true and experiencing the hope, strength and joy that came from receiving his wish.

Another one that has touched my heart and has helped many of my friends in the past and now us....Th Ronald McDonald House....
Its Beginning.....It started with “the House that Love Built”®.  The first Ronald McDonald House® was opened in Philadelphia in 1974; When Philadelphia Eagles tight end Fred Hill’s 3-year-old daughter, Kim, was being treated for leukemia in 1974, his life changed. He and his wife, Fran, camped out on hospital benches and sat in cramped waiting rooms during Kim’s three years of treatment. The Hills watched other parents and families of seriously ill children do the same thing. Many of the families had to travel long distances for their children to receive medical treatment and couldn’t afford hotel rooms. The Hills knew there had to be a solution. Fred rallied the support of his teammates and the local McDonald’s and through fundraising and the generosity of donation the first house was built.
The network of Houses quickly grew after that and today there are more than 305 Ronald McDonald Houses across the world. One of them is right here in Roanoke, Va. you can always make donations at McDonalds or by sending you donations to.....

Ronald McDonald House
2224 South Jefferson Street
Roanoke, Virginia 24014

No comments:

Post a Comment