Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Long Night.....

It has certainly been a long night here. It is now 4:24 a.m. and I am still wide awake and can't sleep, I think I may have gotten about 30 minutes of sleep, but just knowing your child doesn't feel good is enough to do this to a Mom.
Anyways, Heaven Nicole sleep very good through the night and at 4:00 a.m she had to have a dressing change as it had began to come loose and we don't need a loose dressing, beings any kind of bacteria could make its way in and get into the port area.....not a good idea, so it took her a few minutes but Heaven was able to get the dressing off.
She is now cuddles back up with her bear and is resting. Her vitals this morning were good. Here's hoping you all have a wonderful Wednesday. <3 Will update later.
***********************************************************************************
Update on Heaven Nicole.....bless her heart she has done very good today, praise the Lord, she has had an awesome appetite. She had some grapes, 4 orders of mashed potatoes, meatloaf, right at 4 helpings of cinnamon toast crunch, pizza rolls and orange fanta to wash it down with. I just pray it all stays down, but all this was throughout the day and not all at one time. I know she would love some homemade spaghetti but our neighbor visited today so that won't happen for a while beings she usually makes some for her, but that's o.k.
Anyways, this morning Dr. Atkinson approached me in the hall and commenced to tell me that we will be here for the next 3 to 4 weeks and we then sat down and had a good long talk that helped me a lot. I certainly love talking with her, as she helped ease my heart and mind of a lot of things. She had told me that she was so impressed as how mature she has gotten over the last year....mainly when she wanted to go in for the LP while dad and I went to have our blood drawn, she said that takes a lot of courage to that.
Also, one of the workers her is going to bring us a small scale (around 4 ft.) Christmas tree to display in the room beings this is where we will be then, and that's o.k. I hope you all have a wonderful evening and may the blessings of the Lord be upon you all. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment