Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Early start to Tuesday

Update on Heaven Nicole ..... Well, the day started very early, like 3:30 a.m. early. Her mouth was hurting so bad that she asked for the pain reliever, then between 5:30 and 7:30 a.m. she had 2 lab draws and 1 finger prick...due to the fact that the first 2 draws  had basically been diluted with saline and it was showing a hemoglobin of 4, but then when the finger prick was requested the count came back at almost 8...that was great news to us.
As the day progressed, Heaven wanted a hot bath, so I went and cleaned the tub (for her safety) and ran some water. then I came back to get Heaven and she proceeded to just have a soak and she was enjoying it until she started getting heated up. So I suggested that she go ahead and finish up, well, upon getting out and getting dressed, she told me she felt as though she could pass out, so she got down on her knees and held her head down while I got a couple nurses to help me get her back to the room. All it was was that she just got to heated in the bathroom...I supposed that I ran the water to hot.
Anyways, she came back, sat int he recliner for about 20 minutes, drank some Tru Moo chocolate milk and then took a nice long nap. She has been doing well since then and has drank even more choc. milk. Dr. Edwards came to check on her mouth and seems to think it may be confined to the front part of her mouth where she has a cold sore, but it is just the beginning of the mouth side effect, but she did let him know that she would prefer the NG Tube if it comes to that.
I would just like to say thank you to everyone for all your prayers, encouraging words, cards, thoughts, and calls. We certainly miss you all. Blessing to you and your families.

No comments:

Post a Comment