Sunday, February 5, 2012

Proverbs

Proverbs 3:5-8

5) Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6) In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
7) Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear teh Lord, and depart from evil.
8) It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.
**********************************************************************************
It's a beautiful Sunday morning here in Virginia, yes its raining but its still the day that the Lord hath made. Was thinking of taking Heaven to church today but with it being cold and damp, I thought it would be best to keep her home. Hubby and Sam are getting ready now for church and I know they will hear some great preaching and come home and tell us all about it. Heaven and I both miss going but it is for her best interest that we stay home.
Last night Heaven wanted to watch the movie "Letters to God", I shouldn't have let her watch it because afterwards she went to her room and cried thinking that was gonna be her...jsut broke my heart into pieces. I explained that the boy in the movie had Brain Cancer and that that type is much worse than hers. She looked up at me at that point and a tear just streamed down her cheek. Lord, help me to comfort her and forgive me for allowing her to watch the movie. I am going to call the church that is making the movies like "Fireproof" and "Courageous" and ask them if they can make one of these movies that portrays a child with Leukemia that has a positive and happy ending, instead of hollywood making all these kids think that there is no hope.
Heaven is doing good, she ate pretty good yesterday and all but I keep going back to the movie I shouldn't have let her watch. She had a good nights sleep and is actually still sleeping now. Here shortly I am going to wake her up and make a smoothie with yogurt in it for her. She needs the yogurt with the antibiotic that she has to take 3 times a day. I ask that you all not stop praying, please continue to keep Heaven in your prayers....remember to pray specifically. Also, if your prayer list is short...you can pray for Emily (11) in NY that has Aplastic Anemia and Emily (14) in VA that has a type of Leukemia, and Jordan (9) that has been fighting since she was a tiny baby, and Beth (16) in VA that has ALLand has toughed it out since she was 5, and Riley (4) and Zoe (6 or 7) both newly diagnosed with a form of Leukemia. All but one of these kids, plus several more I haven't met yet, are in the same hospital as Heaven and all of them have a story to tell. Lets pray for them all...they deserve it. Love to Christ and to you all, many blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment