Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanks-Giving......do we really give Thanks?

I am so thankful first for my Saviour that came and gave His life for mine. Oh, but to go so far as to tell the world how much you love them by giving it all, literally. Thank you Jesus for being there when I called on you to come into my heart, thank you for always being there when I feel all alone in a filled room, and thank you for loving me.
I am also thankful for the family that I am so blessed to have, yea, so what, we may not all always get along or see eye to eye, but who does? As long as we know that we can count on each other to be there when we need them...that's what really matters.
I am thankful for the wonderful husband that God has blessed me with. He is one of the hardest working men I have ever known. He loves his family and provides for us also. He loves our children enough to let their Mom (me) stay home and teach them the ways that the need to be taught. To home-school them, nurture them, teach them, love them, not many wives get to do that.
I am thankful that my husband has a job, right now he has lost over 20 hours a week overtime but, God is good and He will provide. After Jan. 1st, 2011...my husband will lose $1.75 an hour in pay, but, God is good and He will provide. Things around here are going to get really tight, but I would rather my kids be thankful that the fridge had a little food in it rather than take a full pantry for granted.
I am also thankful that we can buy about $50 worth of groceries at least 3 times a month and somehow still have enough food to last much longer. I said before...God is good!!
I am thankful that I can say "I love you" to my children, some find it hard to do. I am thankful for the little house on the hill that God has blessed us with even though we are praying that He will allow us to move to a more "Self-Sufficient" property.
I am thankful for our vehicles even though one smokes like a freight train, and one is losing 1st gear in the transmission and the other we still owe on for 4 more years.....I am thankful that we don't have to walk to the store.
I could go on and on and on but I am not sure that this page will..lol..but just remember there is always something to be thankful for. So the next time your feeling down...just pull out a pencil and paper and start writing what your thankful for and I will guarantee you that come next Nov. you'll have a list beyond compare.

........1 Thessalonians 5:18........

No comments:

Post a Comment